Re: hover

Discussion in 'HTML' started by John Hosking, Mar 6, 2010.

  1. John Hosking

    John Hosking Guest

    On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 20:36:18 +0100, philmagic wrote:

    > I want to do a particular thing.
    > I want to declare style for my hypertext links.
    > This particuliar style says : Don't change anything in the style of link,
    > just underline when mouse is over.
    > I know hos to do : "under line when mouse is over".$= by "a:hover"
    > But how to do if i don't want change anything to the style declared for the
    > link (same color than before after, sdame font, same size) ?
    > I want the text must be underlined when mouse passes over.
    > If I don't declare anything on the style of hypertext link, on hyperlink are
    > blue. Impossible to let the original color of text...
    > If I hyperlink a red text, he becomes blue if I don't change the style by
    > default of hypertext link.
    >
    > All that for a special purpose that it's too long to explain here.
    >
    > Thanks for a response, if it's possible.

    I regret to say that I can't quite determine what you are asking for here.
    However, I can make two guesses, and hope that one of them (or the
    combination) will be helpful.

    You might be looking for the text-decoration property. You can read the W3C
    specs regarding it at
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/text.html#lining-striking-props>

    If you are wondering about how to select a elements with pseudo-classes,
    take a look at:
    <http://css.maxdesign.com.au/selectutorial/selectors_pseudo_class.htm>

    Does that help?

    --
    John
    Thinking: the wish to "under line when mouse is over" is already fulfilled.

    John Hosking, Mar 6, 2010