Re: How can i call array_length to get the length of array object?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mark Lawrence, Jun 24, 2012.

  1. On 24/06/2012 09:15, gmspro wrote:

    > Why __len__() where the original name if array_length? Why is method names like __NAME__ ?

    Why are you too bloody lazy to do any research before you post questions?

    --
    Cheers.

    Mark Lawrence.

    Mark Lawrence, Jun 24, 2012

  2. On 25/06/2012 02:17, Ben Finney wrote:
    > Mark Lawrence<> writes:
    >
    >> On 24/06/2012 09:15, gmspro wrote:
    >>
    >>> Why __len__() where the original name if array_length? Why is method
    >>> names like __NAME__ ?

    > These are questions answered by getting a thorough grounding in the
    > fundamentals of Python. Please follow the Python tutorial
    > <URL:http://docs.python.org/tutorial/>, from beginning to end, to learn
    > about the basics like this.
    >
    >> Why are you too bloody lazy to do any research before you post
    >> questions?

    > I understand your frustration in this case, but there's no call for such
    > vitriol. Please keep it off this forum.

    From http://www.thefreedictionary.com/vitriol - "Bitterly abusive
    feeling or expression." I do not believe that my comment above deserves
    the term vitriol.

    --
    Cheers.

    Mark Lawrence.

    Mark Lawrence, Jun 25, 2012

  3. Mark Lawrence

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 6/25/2012 8:54 AM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
    > On 25/06/2012 02:17, Ben Finney wrote:
    >> Mark Lawrence<> writes:

    >> These are questions answered by getting a thorough grounding in the
    >> fundamentals of Python. Please follow the Python tutorial
    >> <URL:http://docs.python.org/tutorial/>, from beginning to end, to learn
    >> about the basics like this.
    >>
    >>> Why are you too bloody lazy to do any research before you post
    >>> questions?

    >> I understand your frustration in this case, but there's no call for such
    >> vitriol. Please keep it off this forum.
    >>

    > From http://www.thefreedictionary.com/vitriol - "Bitterly abusive
    > feeling or expression." I do not believe that my comment above deserves
    > the term vitriol.

    I saw it more as sarcasm and an expression of frustration.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Jun 25, 2012