Re: How do I find sites that are (illegally) using our images ?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Andy, Jul 5, 2003.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    "Shiperton Henethe" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > People keep nicking our images to use on their
    > websites.
    >
    > Is there any way to search for sites that
    > are actually using our images (without our
    > permission)?
    >
    > Google images seems to only point to actual
    > images not to sites that are using them!!
    >

    > Ship

    Type your image name in Google and Your picture appears, under Your picture
    there will be a full name of website who stole your picture
    Andy, Jul 5, 2003

  2. Andy

    Brian Larmay Guest

    Put your name across your picture and set it at an opacity of your
    liking...usually 50%
    To some it might look like its degrading to the image, but imo its safer
    then having some idiot take it and claim its his or useing it without your
    permission.

    Brian

    --
    My Photography
    Homepage: www.astrobri.com
    "Andy" <> wrote in message

    > "Shiperton Henethe" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > People keep nicking our images to use on their
    > > websites.
    > >
    > > Is there any way to search for sites that
    > > are actually using our images (without our
    > > permission)?
    > >
    > > Google images seems to only point to actual
    > > images not to sites that are using them!!
    > >

    > > Ship
    > >

    > Type your image name in Google and Your picture appears, under Your

    picture
    > there will be a full name of website who stole your picture

    ---
    Brian Larmay, Jul 5, 2003