Re: How do I find sites that are (illegally) using our images ?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Andy, Jul 5, 2003.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    "Shiperton Henethe" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > People keep nicking our images to use on their
    > websites.
    >
    > Is there any way to search for sites that
    > are actually using our images (without our
    > permission)?
    >
    > Google images seems to only point to actual
    > images not to sites that are using them!!
    >

    > Ship

    To protect Your picture from thieves, You can cover Your picture by
    transparent GIF. When thieve wants to download Your original picture, he
    will download GIF instead of Your pic.

    Andy, Jul 5, 2003

  2. Andy wrote:

    > Toby A Inkster wrote:
    >
    >> Andy wrote:
    >>
    >>> To protect Your picture from thieves, You can cover Your picture by
    >>> transparent GIF. When thieve wants to download Your original picture,
    >>> he will download GIF instead of Your pic.

    >> That will only stop stupid people from stealing your picture.

    > You are wrong !!! Stupid people do not use computers

    That's a bit of a sweeping generalisation.

    >> If you don't want people stealing your pictures, don't put it on a
    >> public website. It's that simple.

    > Pictures are made for show not for thieves. To make a life more
    > difficult for thieves You can make also flash files instead of regular
    > "JPigs".

    Any picture I can see on screen I can save to disk, or print out, or send
    someone by e-mail, or whatever. If you don't want me to be able to do
    this, then don't let me see it on my screen.

    playing://(nothing)

    Toby A Inkster, Jul 6, 2003