    You need to register the ActiveX component using the regsvr32.exe utility.

    --
    Peter O'Reilly

    Peter O'Reilly, Apr 20, 2004

  2. Well now I really feel like a newbie :) ... which activeX component

    "Cannot create ActiveX component " ..

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hpcCBEdWtlcw==?=, Apr 20, 2004

  3. > Well now I really feel like a newbie :) ... which activeX component?

    No problem. It's the Adobe InDesign component that you refer to in code,
    e.g.
    myInDesign = CreateObject("InDesign.Application.CS")

    When you register the DLL file, inside the Windows registry, it contains a
    mapping of the programatic ID, InDesign.Application.CS, which maps to a
    Class ID (CLSID), which in turn contains the location of the DLL
    file on your system. Don't sweat these details as Regsvr32.exe takes care
    of all this.

    The problem is you need to know the name and location of the DLL file to
    register. I'm not familiar with
    Adobe InDesign, but hopefully there is enough information here to point you
    in the right direction.

    Good luck
    --
    Peter O'Reilly

    Peter O'Reilly, Apr 20, 2004
  4. Final questions (I'm afraid they are still newbie grade) ..

    Does the fact that everything worked properly when the code was used in a VB executable mean that there must be a registerable DLL that will work when called from a web page

    Is there anything in the Interop resource that might help me track down the DLL

    If the above fails ... can I create an application that itself responds to my calls from the aspx page but which can also behave like the VB executable

    Thanks again for your help ...

    Chip

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hpcCBEdWtlcw==?=, Apr 21, 2004
  5. Let's take a step back for a moment.
    "Cannot create ActiveX component" error can be one of two things:
    - the component not being registered
    - a permission issue with using the object/component, e.g. a license issue

    90% of the time this error is due to the first issue. If I understand you
    correctly, it works for a VB executable, but not for an asp.net web page.
    If so then this is the second issue, one with permissions/

    You may need to either change the process identity (using impersonation) for
    which the ASP.NET worker process interacts with the component, using a
    (more) privileged Windows account. Fro more help try looking up
    impersonation in the MS knowledge base
    (http://support.micorosft.com/support)

    If that does not work, then I suggest you contact the component's vendor,
    Adobe. It could be a license/usage issue. I'm not familiar with the
    product, so I can't help you there.

    --
    Peter O'Reilly

    Peter O'Reilly, Apr 21, 2004
  6. I am having the same problem with MSWord. Did you guys find a solution for this problem at all. Please let me know

    =?Utf-8?B?c2t1bWFy?=, Jun 1, 2004
  7. Peter O'Reilly

    rayuusuke34

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    can someone help me i cant hear music and cant see pictures on my pc

    but i can see pictures on the internet

    and i get this

    cannot create acktive x component .......

    and regsvr32

    syntaxis:regsvr32[u\][s/][i\][:cmdline]]DDl-name

    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
    rayuusuke34, Aug 25, 2009