Re: How do I fix ... Cannot create ActiveX component ... problem

Peter O'Reilly

"Cannot create ActiveX component " ...

You need to register the ActiveX component using the regsvr32.exe utility.

Guest

Well now I really feel like a newbie :) ... which activeX component

----- Peter O'Reilly wrote: ----

"Cannot create ActiveX component " ..

You need to register the ActiveX component using the regsvr32.exe utility

Peter O'Reilly

Well now I really feel like a newbie :) ... which activeX component?

No problem. It's the Adobe InDesign component that you refer to in code,
e.g.
myInDesign = CreateObject("InDesign.Application.CS")

When you register the DLL file, inside the Windows registry, it contains a
mapping of the programatic ID, InDesign.Application.CS, which maps to a
Class ID (CLSID), which in turn contains the location of the DLL
file on your system. Don't sweat these details as Regsvr32.exe takes care
of all this.

The problem is you need to know the name and location of the DLL file to
register. I'm not familiar with
Adobe InDesign, but hopefully there is enough information here to point you
in the right direction.

Good luck

Guest

Final questions (I'm afraid they are still newbie grade) ..

Does the fact that everything worked properly when the code was used in a VB executable mean that there must be a registerable DLL that will work when called from a web page

Is there anything in the Interop resource that might help me track down the DLL

If the above fails ... can I create an application that itself responds to my calls from the aspx page but which can also behave like the VB executable

Thanks again for your help ...

Chip

Peter O'Reilly

Let's take a step back for a moment.
"Cannot create ActiveX component" error can be one of two things:
- the component not being registered
- a permission issue with using the object/component, e.g. a license issue

90% of the time this error is due to the first issue. If I understand you
correctly, it works for a VB executable, but not for an asp.net web page.
If so then this is the second issue, one with permissions/

You may need to either change the process identity (using impersonation) for
which the ASP.NET worker process interacts with the component, using a
(more) privileged Windows account. Fro more help try looking up
impersonation in the MS knowledge base
(http://support.micorosft.com/support)

If that does not work, then I suggest you contact the component's vendor,
Adobe. It could be a license/usage issue. I'm not familiar with the
product, so I can't help you there.

Guest

I am having the same problem with MSWord. Did you guys find a solution for this problem at all. Please let me know

Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
can someone help me i cant hear music and cant see pictures on my pc

but i can see pictures on the internet

and i get this

cannot create acktive x component .......

and regsvr32

syntaxis:regsvr32[u\][s/][i\][:cmdline]]DDl-name

Last edited: