Re: How do I make form keep info?

Robert Frost-Bridges

If a user clicks the submit button to a form and forgets to fill in
something, I display a message on the result page and ask them to click the
browser back button. Once they do, all of the information they filled in is
gone.

A good thing too I think. Imagine what you could find in an internet
cafe just by clicking the back button.
On my machine, IE will save the info but Opera deletes it. Other users
experience just the opposite. Is this behavior browser or form dependent?

What in the form may cause the info to be deleted?

Some browsers can be set up to store information for automatically
completing forms. Personally I don't get involved.