Re: How do I make form keep info?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Robert Frost-Bridges, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 17:05:22 -0500, "Brett" <>
    wrote:

    >If a user clicks the submit button to a form and forgets to fill in
    >something, I display a message on the result page and ask them to click the
    >browser back button. Once they do, all of the information they filled in is
    >gone.

    A good thing too I think. Imagine what you could find in an internet
    cafe just by clicking the back button.

    >On my machine, IE will save the info but Opera deletes it. Other users
    >experience just the opposite. Is this behavior browser or form dependent?
    >
    >What in the form may cause the info to be deleted?

    Some browsers can be set up to store information for automatically
    completing forms. Personally I don't get involved.

    --
    frostie
    http://www.brightonfixedodds.com

    Robert Frost-Bridges, Jul 27, 2003