Re: how do I pass a string to a webcontrol ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kevin Spencer, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Your question doesn't really make sense. You can't "put a string into [a]
    webcontrol". You can set a property of the class. The word "webcontrol"
    denotes a base class for a whole slew of classes that inherit
    System.Web.UI.WebControl. They all have different properties. For example,
    if you want to put a string into the "box" part of a TextBox, you would set
    the Text property of the class. Example:

    MyTextBox.Text = "Some String"

    It is critical that you understand object-oriented programming in order to
    work with any .Net application.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    http://www.takempis.com
    Neither a follower nor a lender be.

    ?

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 20, 2003

  2. Kevin Spencer

    THY Guest

    ah, really sorry about that ...

    I meant ... let the webusercontrol can get a string value that from outside
    the ascx ...

    and also how to pass a string value into a object that aren't in the same
    form but in the webusercontrol ...

    thanks

    THY, Aug 20, 2003

  3. I'm sorry. You lost me there. My interpretive skills have been sorely
    diminished from years of relating mostly to computers.

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 20, 2003