Re: How do server controls postback?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Marina, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. Marina

    Marina Guest

    The page has very few controls and is very lightweight. The post happens so
    fast, that the typical 'blinking' of a web page goes very quickly (though
    you can still tell). A small page with a good server will do that.

    "Brett" <> wrote in message
    > I have a question about server controls and page refreshing. I'm going

    through tutorials at http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/. In
    the left column under "ASP.NET Web Forms" then "Working With Server
    Controls", there is a tutorial named "Handling Multiple Control Action
    Events". It's called VB Controls4.aspx. Running the sample, when an item
    is moved from one box to another, I see a server hit in the browser's bottom
    status bar. However, it doesn't seem as though the entire page refreshes.
    It also seems to occur quicker than a regular refresh. The "Available
    Fonts" and "Installed Fonts" text, along with the top of page text do not
    seem to blink.

    > How exactly is ASP.NET accomplishing this server hit with out the entire

    page refreshing? Or is the page actually refreshing (if so, why isn't there
    any blinking)?

    Marina, Jul 22, 2004

  2. Is there a way (language besides Java) to submit a form with out the blinking?

    Brett

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJldHQ=?=, Jul 22, 2004

  3. Marina

    Greg Burns Guest