Re: How does code metrics affect your motivation? Academic survey

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Joe keane, Feb 4, 2012.

  1. Joe keane

    Joe keane Guest

    In article <>,
    Nick Keighley <> wrote:
    >I've got similar opinions. Such metrics might be handy for spotting
    >potential problems; "list all the methods that are >100 LOC" or exceed
    >some value for "complexity".

    As well; "nm -s" works fine for me. I'm not a big fan of 'all gt <NoIS>
    are wrong'; some functions should be, but it is nice to point out when
    asomething has escaped your notice.

    Joe keane, Feb 4, 2012

  2. On Feb 4, 1:26 pm, (Joe keane) wrote:
    > In article <..com>,
    > Nick Keighley  <> wrote:
    >
    > >I've got similar opinions. Such metrics might be handy for spotting
    > >potential problems; "list all the methods that are >100 LOC" or exceed
    > >some value for "complexity".

    > As well; "nm -s" works fine for me.  I'm not a big fan of 'all gt <NoIS>
    > are wrong'; some functions should be, but it is nice to point out when
    > asomething has escaped your notice.

    what I meant to be my point. A 100LOC function isn't neccesarily
    wrong. But its a warning notice and should be looked at hard.

    Nick Keighley, Feb 5, 2012

  3. Joe keane

    ILostMyKeys Guest

    Nick Keighley wrote:
    > On Feb 4, 1:26 pm, (Joe keane) wrote:
    >> In article
    >> <>,
    >> Nick Keighley <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've got similar opinions. Such metrics might be handy for spotting
    >>> potential problems; "list all the methods that are >100 LOC" or
    >>> exceed some value for "complexity".

    >> As well; "nm -s" works fine for me. I'm not a big fan of 'all gt
    >> <NoIS>
    >> are wrong'; some functions should be, but it is nice to point out
    >> when asomething has escaped your notice.

    > what I meant to be my point. A 100LOC function isn't neccesarily
    > wrong. But its a warning notice and should be looked at hard.

    Why are you here?

    ILostMyKeys, Feb 8, 2012
  4. On Feb 8, 6:04 am, "ILostMyKeys"
    <> wrote:
    > Nick Keighley wrote:
    > > On Feb 4, 1:26 pm, (Joe keane) wrote:
    > >> In article
    > >> <>,

    > >> As well; "nm -s" works fine for me. I'm not a big fan of 'all gt
    > >> <NoIS>
    > >> are wrong'; some functions should be, but it is nice to point out
    > >> when asomething has escaped your notice.

    > > what I meant to be my point. A 100LOC function isn't neccesarily
    > > wrong. But its a warning notice and should be looked at hard.

    > Why are you here?

    to learn a bit of C, to share my knowledge of C, to discuss
    programming issues based around C. There are some very smart
    programmers on this ng.

    Why are you here?

    Nick Keighley, Feb 9, 2012
  5. Joe keane

    Henrik Faber Guest

    On 09.02.2012 10:02, Nick Keighley wrote:
    > On Feb 8, 6:04 am, "ILostMyKeys"
    > <> wrote:
    >> Nick Keighley wrote:
    >>
    >> Why are you here?

    > to learn a bit of C, to share my knowledge of C, to discuss
    > programming issues based around C. There are some very smart
    > programmers on this ng.
    >
    > Why are you here?

    That's kind of obvious. He lost his keys and is looking in this NG.

    Henrik

    Henrik Faber, Feb 9, 2012