Re: how does the main module notice when I change a module

Discussion in 'Python' started by Bob Gailer, Aug 16, 2003.

  1. Bob Gailer

    Bob Gailer Guest

    At 01:55 PM 8/15/2003 -0700, Marcus Schneider wrote:

    >I use PythonWin on WinXP. Every time I change a module, I have to
    >leave PythonWin and re enter to make it notice I have made changes. I
    >guess this is not the normal way to do that.. do I have to store the
    >module at a specific place? Is there a kind of "reset" command to make
    >the main module update specific data?

    Notice File -> Import (ctrl+I) and its toolbar icon.

    Bob Gailer

    303 442 2625

    ---

    Bob Gailer, Aug 16, 2003

  2. Bob Gailer wrote:
    > At 01:55 PM 8/15/2003 -0700, Marcus Schneider wrote:
    >
    >> I use PythonWin on WinXP. Every time I change a module, I have to
    >> leave PythonWin and re enter to make it notice I have made changes. I
    >> guess this is not the normal way to do that.. do I have to store the
    >> module at a specific place? Is there a kind of "reset" command to make
    >> the main module update specific data?

    > Notice File -> Import (ctrl+I) and its toolbar icon.

    I don't find (ctrl I) in the PythonWin Keyboard Bindings.

    My practice is to delete the .pyc file when this problem arises.

    Colin W

    Colin J. Williams, Aug 16, 2003

  3. "Colin J. Williams" <> wrote in message news:<Smt%a.10228$>...
    > Bob Gailer wrote:
    > > At 01:55 PM 8/15/2003 -0700, Marcus Schneider wrote:
    > >
    > >> I use PythonWin on WinXP. Every time I change a module, I have to
    > >> leave PythonWin and re enter to make it notice I have made changes. I
    > >> guess this is not the normal way to do that.. do I have to store the
    > >> module at a specific place? Is there a kind of "reset" command to make
    > >> the main module update specific data?

    > > Notice File -> Import (ctrl+I) and its toolbar icon.

    > I don't find (ctrl I) in the PythonWin Keyboard Bindings.

    I didn't find it either, but I tried it and - it works;) and helps
    most of the time..

    Before I also played around with deleting .pyc files, but then it was
    easier to restart PythonWin ...

    Marcus Schneider, Aug 16, 2003