Re: how identify the *.aspx is written in .net 1.1 or 2.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark Rae, Jan 10, 2007.

  1. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    "c676228" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I don't remember what file exists in .net 1.1 but not in .net 2.0.
    > Is there an easy to find out what is the .net version directly from the
    > program directory? Thank you.

    System.Environment.Version
    Mark Rae, Jan 10, 2007

  2. Hi Betty,

    As Bruce pointed out, 1.1 aspx pages are compatible in 2.0. To confirm it's
    for 2.0 only, you will have to find some 2.0 only features such as partial
    class or master pages, etc.

    Regards,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Jan 10, 2007

  3. re:
    > am I asking the right question?

    I don't think so.

    If you mean "telling, by examining the code, whether an app is 1.1 or 2.0",
    you can only tell by determining whether a call to a class which was
    introduced in 2.0 is present, or whether a call to a class which was
    deprecated in 2.0 was made.

    Also, there hundreds, if not thousands, of classes that haven't changed.

    You *could* examine any assemblies, using reflection,
    and know whether it's a 1.1 assembly or a 2.0 assembly,
    but you can't do that by looking at code.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Jan 10, 2007