Re: how to access excel in c?

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by jacob navia, Sep 1, 2011.

  1. jacob navia

    jacob navia Guest

    Le 01/09/11 02:56, Li Chunpu a écrit :
    > For example, how to read some fields from excel file?

    1) Use COM to acquire an interface
    2) Using that interface load the file into excel
    3) Using that interface get the fields you want
    jacob navia, Sep 1, 2011

  2. jacob navia

    Ian Collins Guest

    On 09/ 1/11 08:15 PM, jacob navia wrote:
    > Le 01/09/11 02:56, Li Chunpu a écrit :
    >> For example, how to read some fields from excel file?
    >>

    > 1) Use COM to acquire an interface
    > 2) Using that interface load the file into excel
    > 3) Using that interface get the fields you want

    Or store the file in a non-propitiatory format and read it by standard
    means.

    --
    Ian Collins
    Ian Collins, Sep 1, 2011

  3. Ian Collins wrote:
    > On 09/ 1/11 08:15 PM, jacob navia wrote:
    >> Le 01/09/11 02:56, Li Chunpu a écrit :
    >>> For example, how to read some fields from excel file?
    >>>

    >> 1) Use COM to acquire an interface
    >> 2) Using that interface load the file into excel
    >> 3) Using that interface get the fields you want

    > Or store the file in a non-propitiatory format and read it by standard
    > means.

    Is that a format somewhere between grumpy and hostile? One that makes
    you curse Microsoft every time you have to parse it?

    I love spell checkers, they can be remarkably inventive.
    J. J. Farrell, Sep 2, 2011
  4. jacob navia

    Ian Collins Guest

    On 09/ 2/11 11:49 AM, J. J. Farrell wrote:
    > Ian Collins wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> 1) Use COM to acquire an interface
    >>> 2) Using that interface load the file into excel
    >>> 3) Using that interface get the fields you want

    >> Or store the file in a non-propitiatory format and read it by standard
    >> means.

    > Is that a format somewhere between grumpy and hostile? One that makes
    > you curse Microsoft every time you have to parse it?
    >
    > I love spell checkers, they can be remarkably inventive.

    oops...

    --
    Ian Collins
    Ian Collins, Sep 2, 2011