Re: How to avoid PEP8 'imported but unused'

Discussion in 'Python' started by Fábio Santos, May 5, 2013.

  1. I usually do this on pyflakes:

    import whatever
    assert whatever # silence pyflakes

    Pyflakes and pep8 have no way of knowing django will import and use your
    module, or whether you are just importing a module for the side effects, so
    they issue a warning anyway. Assert'ing counts as using the module, so it
    counts as an used import.

    Fábio Santos, May 5, 2013