Re: How to avoid PEP8 'imported but unused'

Discussion in 'Python' started by Peter Otten, May 5, 2013.

  1. Peter Otten

    Peter Otten Guest

    Adam Jiang wrote:

    > I am new to python. Now, I am woring on an application within Django
    > framework. When I checked my code with pep8 and pyflakes, some warning
    > messages show up-'Foobar imported but unused'. Obviously, it indicates
    > that some modules are imprted to current module but never get
    > references. However, it seems the message is wrong in this case:
    >
    > # file: urls.py
    > urlpattens = patterns(
    > '',
    > url('^signup/$', 'signup')
    > }
    >
    > # file: register.py
    > def signup(request):
    > return ...
    >
    > # file: views.py
    > import signup from register
    >
    > The warning message is shown in file views.py. It seems to me that the
    > code is okay because Django requires all functions serve as 'view' is
    > typically go into views.py. 'import' is about get 'signup' function
    > into module 'views.py'. Or, I am totally wrong? Is there a proper way
    > to avoid this warnning?

    pylint has a way to suppress such warnings with a comment like

    from signup import register # pylint:disable=W0611

    but personally I find the magic comment more annoying than the false
    warning...

    Peter Otten, May 5, 2013