Re: How to enable bash mode at the interative mode?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Anthony Liu, Nov 28, 2005.

  1. Anthony Liu

    Anthony Liu Guest

    Hi, thanks.

    Look what I have:

    $ python
    Python 2.4.2 (#1, Nov 20 2005, 13:03:38)
    [GCC 3.3.1 (Mandrake Linux 9.2 3.3.1-2mdk)] on linux2

    Yes, I realize that I don't have readline module
    available.

    The same Mandrake system has Python 2.3 as well, and
    it has the readline module.

    I don't know how to install the readline module. I
    tried what was suggested from the newsgroup, but got
    an error at make:

    make: *** [Modules/readline.o] Error 1

    Thanks

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp...n "upper arrow"&rnum=2&hl=en#736fac8c33e84d0c
    > > , it seems that Michael Spalinski suggests of
    > > reinstalling Python.
    > >
    > > Any easier way to achieve this feature?
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    > You are probably missing the readline module. What
    > operating
    > system/python version are you using?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Carl Friedrich Bolz