Re: How to enable bash mode at the interative mode?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Baz Walter, Nov 28, 2005.

  1. Baz Walter

    Baz Walter Guest

    Anthony Liu <antonyliu2002 <at> yahoo.com> writes:
    > Look what I have:
    >
    > $ python
    > Python 2.4.2 (#1, Nov 20 2005, 13:03:38)
    > [GCC 3.3.1 (Mandrake Linux 9.2 3.3.1-2mdk)] on linux2
    >
    > Yes, I realize that I don't have readline module
    > available.
    >
    > The same Mandrake system has Python 2.3 as well, and
    > it has the readline module.
    >
    > I don't know how to install the readline module. I
    > tried what was suggested from the newsgroup, but got
    > an error at make:
    >
    > make: *** [Modules/readline.o] Error 1
    >
    > Thanks

    You need to have the development stuff for readline installed before you
    compile Python 2.4.2 from source. For Mandrake 9.2, there should be an rpm
    package named something like libreadline*-devel available. Install that,
    recompile python, and you should be okay.

    HTH
    --
    Baz

    Baz Walter, Nov 28, 2005