Re: How to exactly set style in tkinter.ttk

Discussion in 'Python' started by Vlastimil Brom, Dec 17, 2012.

  1. 2012/12/17 Netrick <>:
    > So, we have now in python 3 the tile module
    > http://tktable.sourceforge.net/tile/screenshots/unix.html integrated as
    > tkinter.ttk. However, in the python and tk docs there is a lot about that
    > tkk, but only how to set your own style for specific widgets. There is
    > nothing on how to use that built-in theme (the one that interests me is the
    > "Revitalized" one, see the link I wrote) as a global style for all widgets.
    > How can I do it? I just want my python 3.3 app to use that built-in style,
    > but I can't find anything in docs about it.
    >
    > Or we have better way for tkinter on linux to look more native and less
    > ugly? (for example IDLE for python 3.3 written in tkinter looks like windows
    > 95 app on linux and pretty good on windows xp).
    >
    > Thanks!

    I don't use ttk myself, but it seems, that the original demo from
    Guilherme Polo might contain the functionality you are looking for:
    http://code.google.com/p/python-ttk/downloads/list
    pyttk-samples-0.1.7.tar.gz
    theming.py

    in the (top-right) section "Style": "Themes" (although I see partly
    different themes on Windows7 - it's possibly platform dependent).

    You may be able to find out the appropriate usage from the source code.

    hth,
    vbr

    Vlastimil Brom, Dec 17, 2012