Re: How to execute commands on a windows machine from a Linux machine

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dennis Lee Bieber, Oct 5, 2012.

  1. On Thu, 4 Oct 2012 10:43:57 +0530, "Shambhu Rajak"
    <> declaimed the following in
    gmane.comp.python.general:

    > Here i have two questions,
    >
    > 1. I want to write a framework for Linux machine that can execute
    > commands on windows machine:
    >
    > How to create a persistent shell between Linux and Windows machine.

    This depends upon how the Windows machine is configured -- does it
    even permit one to telnet to it? In the Windows world, you'd be looking
    for an enable "Remote Connection" service.

    > 2. I require to extract windows disk management features, for eg:
    > Number of drives on that windows machine ,
    >
    > volume size of the machine, to create a partition, all these storage stuffs.
    > I want to achieve all these features of windows machine, from linux.

    Learn WMI or (for newer machines, if you can connect with
    privileges, PowerShell v2)
    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/