Re: How to format/send/receive UDP packet in C?

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by jrlatala@shell.golden.net, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. Guest

    In article <>,
    Abby <> wrote:
    >I'd like to ask about how to format/send/receive UDP datagram packet
    >in C language. The server that I'd like to send the packet to is
    >listening on port 1500. When I succesfully connect to that port, it's
    >gonna create and send a packet back to the client. The only code I
    >need to write is the client-side code. The problem is, I don't have
    >any idea how to:

    There are a couple of books authored by Stevens (can't remember his
    first name at the moment). They're called "unix network programming" or
    something like that and they go into all the excruciating detail you'd
    ever want to know. Don't let the name fool you because even thought
    they're written with Unix in mind they're handy references for any system
    that supports sockets (i.e. windows).

    john R. Latala
    , Jun 24, 2003