Re: How to generate binary python?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gabriel Genellina, May 6, 2008.

  1. En Mon, 05 May 2008 19:43:24 -0300, David Anderson <>
    escribió:

    > Hi, i'm comingo from Java and I'm wanting to know what in Python is the
    > equivalent to the file.class in java, I am producing some apps that ar
    > not
    > open source, so I would like to share only the binaries, Both for Windows
    > and for Linux, Can you suggest me anything?

    ..class files map roughly to .pyc files
    Note that Python generates and writes .pyc files automatically when you
    import a module, but not for the main script being executed.
    The standard way to generate a binary distribution is using distutils, see
    the Python wiki at <http://wiki.python.org/moin/DistributionUtilities>

    --
    Gabriel Genellina
    Gabriel Genellina, May 6, 2008

  2. Gabriel Genellina

    BlueBird Guest

    On May 6, 6:29 am, "Gabriel Genellina" <> wrote:
    > En Mon, 05 May 2008 19:43:24 -0300, David Anderson <>
    > escribió:
    >
    > > Hi, i'm comingo from Java and I'm wanting to know what in Python is the
    > > equivalent to the file.class in java, I am producing some apps that ar
    > > not
    > > open source, so I would like to share only the binaries, Both for Windows
    > > and for Linux, Can you suggest me anything?

    > .class files map roughly to .pyc files
    > Note that Python generates and writes .pyc files automatically when you
    > import a module, but not for the main script being executed.
    > The standard way to generate a binary distribution is using distutils, see
    > the Python wiki at <http://wiki.python.org/moin/DistributionUtilities>

    You can have a look at the following page for a very very short
    comparison of the different solutions available today:
    http://www.freehackers.org/Packaging_a_python_program
    BlueBird, May 6, 2008