Re: How to improve the usability of nested packages

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Reedy, Nov 2, 2012.

  1. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    nested package == subpackage

    > or would you maybe structure the library entirely different?

    Based on my limited experience with subpackages* plus reports on this
    list about problems, such as yours, I have concluded that subpackages
    are an attractive nuisance that are generally more trouble than they are
    worth. I suggest you consider sticking with your original flat (no
    subpackage) design. (But maybe someone knows better than me how to make
    subpackages work ;-).

    * In my current project, I started with all modules in subpackages but
    have since moved them into the package and deleted the subpackages.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Nov 2, 2012