Re: how to insert random error in a programming

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Angelico, Oct 15, 2012.

  1. On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 4:18 AM, Serhiy Storchaka <> wrote:
    > On 15.10.12 17:04, Chris Angelico wrote:
    >> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 12:55 AM, Debashish Saha <> wrote:
    >>> how to insert random error in a programming?

    >> how to ask question good in forumming?
    >>
    >> But here's one way to do it:
    >>
    >> raise random.choice((OSError,IOError,ZeroDivisionError,UnicodeDecodeError,AssertionError))()

    > I think OP means something like
    >
    > programming[:0] = random.choice((OSError,IOError,ZeroDivisionError,UnicodeDecodeError,AssertionError))()

    Ah, good point. Though it's worth noting that my version will happily
    raise a NameError under certain circumstances, while yours will never
    insert a NameError into programming.

    This is potentially very important when inserting random errors.

    ChrisA

    Chris Angelico, Oct 15, 2012