Re: how to install lxml in window xp?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Stefan Behnel, Jan 9, 2012.

  1. æ°´é™æµæ·±, 09.01.2012 10:18:
    > in my xp ,python26,easy_install installed.
    > i want to install lxml in window xp
    > 1.c:\python26\scripts\easy_install lxml
    >
    > what i get is:
    >
    > Reading http://codespeak.net/lxml
    > Best match: lxml 2.3.3
    > Downloading http://lxml.de/files/lxml-2.3.3.tgz
    > Processing lxml-2.3.3.tgz
    > Running lxml-2.3.3\setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir c:\windows\temp\easy_install
    > -58e4ap\lxml-2.3.3\egg-dist-tmp-hyg1bg
    > Building lxml version 2.3.3.
    > Building with Cython 0.15.1.
    > ERROR: 'xslt-config' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    > operable program or batch file.
    >
    > ** make sure the development packages of libxml2 and libxslt are installed **

    Well?

    > how can i install the lxml in my xp??

    You should read the docs:

    http://lxml.de/FAQ.html#where-are-the-binary-builds

    http://lxml.de/installation.html#installation

    Note that lxml currently lacks binary Windows builds for its latest
    releases. There are eggs for the original 2.3 release, though.

    Stefan

    Stefan Behnel, Jan 9, 2012

  2. Stefan Behnel

    alex23 Guest

    On Jan 9, 8:19 pm, Stefan Behnel <> wrote:
    > Note that lxml currently lacks binary Windows builds for its latest
    > releases. There are eggs for the original 2.3 release, though.

    Christoph Gohlke provides a fairly up-to-date set of Python packaged
    binaries for Windows 32- & 64-bit.

    There are lxml packages for Python 2.6 to 3.2, and 2.5 for 32-bit
    only.

    http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#lxml

    This is a fantastic resource that more Windows-based Python devs
    should know about.

    alex23, Jan 11, 2012