Re: How to limit CPU usage in Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Reedy, Sep 20, 2012.

  1. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 9/20/2012 12:46 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
    > On 9/20/2012 11:12 AM, Rolando Cañer Roblejo wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> Is it possible for me to put a limit in the amount of processor usage (%
    >> CPU) that my current python script is using? Is there any module useful
    >> for this task? I saw Resource module but I think it is not the module I
    >> am looking for. Some people recommend to use nice and cpulimit unix
    >> tools, but those are external to python and I prefer a python solution.
    >> I am working with Linux (Ubuntu 10.04).

    > Call the external tools with subprocess.open.

    I meant to end that with ? as I don't know how easy it is to get the
    external id of the calling process that is to be limited. I presume that
    can be done by first calling ps (with subprocess) and searching the
    piped-back output.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Sep 20, 2012