Re: How to make a dynamic background gradient?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jeff Bowman, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. Jeff Bowman

    Jeff Bowman Guest

    That's the ticket!

    Thank you, sir -- I owe you a milkshake :)

    --
    mail2 jbowman at intexx daught com

    Jeff Bowman, Jun 23, 2003

  2. Jeff Bowman wrote:
    > That's the ticket!
    >
    > Thank you, sir -- I owe you a milkshake :)

    It's a neat effect, though it should be mentioned that it does not show
    up as intended on Mozilla/Netscape 7. It might have something to do with
    the negative z-index.

    --
    Nicolai Zwar

    Nicolai P. Zwar, Jun 23, 2003

  3. Jeff Bowman wrote:
    > What does it look like there?

    The background simply doesn't show up at all, so the page is white.
    (Perhaps because Netscape "thinks" the body of the page is "before" the
    background image?) The text is exactly the same as in IE. I'm pretty
    sure it will work though if you just don't use negative z-index numbers.
    So, just have a low z-index for the background image and higher ones for
    everything else, and it should work just fine.

    --
    Nicolai Zwar

    Nicolai P. Zwar, Jun 23, 2003
  4. Jeff Bowman

    Jeff Bowman Guest

    How's that, any better?

    http://rightstonome.com/

    Jeff Bowman, Jun 23, 2003
  5. Jeff Bowman wrote:
    [please don't top post]
    >> Jeff Bowman wrote:
    >>> What does it look like there?

    >> The background simply doesn't show up at all, so the page is white.
    >> (Perhaps because Netscape "thinks" the body of the page is "before"

    > How's that, any better?
    >
    > http://rightstonome.com/

    Jeff, it seems likely that downloading Mozilla and Opera would be a good
    plan (tm) now.

    btw: they both 'work' but the results may not quite match your
    expectations.

    --
    William Tasso - http://www.WilliamTasso.com

    William Tasso, Jun 23, 2003
  6. Jeff Bowman

    Jeff Bowman Guest

    "William Tasso" <> wrote in message news:bd7mcv$posq4$...
    > Jeff Bowman wrote:
    > [please don't top post]
    >
    > Jeff, it seems likely that downloading Mozilla and Opera would be a good
    > plan (tm) now.
    >
    > btw: they both 'work' but the results may not quite match your
    > expectations.
    >
    > --
    > William Tasso - http://www.WilliamTasso.com

    OK, thanks for the heads-up -- I'll have a look.

    --
    mail2 jbowman at intexx daught com

    Jeff Bowman, Jun 23, 2003
  7. Jeff Bowman wrote:
    > How's that, any better?
    >
    > http://rightstonome.com/

    Now Netscape 7 and IE 6 display _almost_ the exact same page. The
    difference is that the page is longer in Netscape (meaning you can
    scroll downward a little bit at a solution of 1024x768), whereas IE does
    not scroll. In my opinion this difference is most likely a neglible one
    (because the page looks fine either way), but would agree with William
    that it's best to just download and install the at least the latest
    versions of Mozilla/Netscape and Opera, just so you can see and test
    yourself how your page looks like in various browsers.

    --
    Nicolai Zwar

    Nicolai P. Zwar, Jun 24, 2003