Re: How to make a dynamic background gradient?

Nicolai P. Zwar

Jeff said:
That's the ticket!

Thank you, sir -- I owe you a milkshake :)

It's a neat effect, though it should be mentioned that it does not show
up as intended on Mozilla/Netscape 7. It might have something to do with
the negative z-index.

Nicolai P. Zwar

Jeff said:
What does it look like there?

The background simply doesn't show up at all, so the page is white.
(Perhaps because Netscape "thinks" the body of the page is "before" the
background image?) The text is exactly the same as in IE. I'm pretty
sure it will work though if you just don't use negative z-index numbers.
So, just have a low z-index for the background image and higher ones for
everything else, and it should work just fine.

Jeff Bowman

William Tasso said:
Jeff Bowman wrote:
[please don't top post]

Jeff, it seems likely that downloading Mozilla and Opera would be a good
plan (tm) now.

btw: they both 'work' but the results may not quite match your
expectations.

OK, thanks for the heads-up -- I'll have a look.

Nicolai P. Zwar

Jeff said:

Now Netscape 7 and IE 6 display _almost_ the exact same page. The
difference is that the page is longer in Netscape (meaning you can
scroll downward a little bit at a solution of 1024x768), whereas IE does
not scroll. In my opinion this difference is most likely a neglible one
(because the page looks fine either way), but would agree with William
that it's best to just download and install the at least the latest
versions of Mozilla/Netscape and Opera, just so you can see and test
yourself how your page looks like in various browsers.