Re: How to make a web page on CD or DVD?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by idle, Jan 23, 2012.

  1. idle

    idle Guest

    http://www.wizbit.net/business_card_cd_creating_autorun_file.htm

    --
    idle
    None of us is as good as all of us.

    idle, Jan 23, 2012

  2. idle

    Doug Miller Guest

    Mr Bean <> wrote in

    > On 24/01/2012 1:09 AM, idle wrote:
    >> On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 18:15:13 +0800, Mr Bean wrote in alt.html:
    >>
    >>> What I want to do - make the web page available for d/load as .iso
    >>> file, burn CD and that CD would start autmatically if inserted into
    >>> CD/DVD drive.
    >>>
    >>> If Autostart is not selected, how index.html can be executed to start
    >>> the web page from CD.
    >>>
    >>> Link to any tutorial would be great. For some reason I can't formulated
    >>> the right question and I'm getting all sorts of stuff except what I
    >>> really want.
    >>>
    >>> :-(

    >> http://www.wizbit.net/business_card_cd_creating_autorun_file.htm

    > I think, that Dennis misunderstood my intentions totally.

    I think that you misunderstood his response totally.

    > Idle... many thanks for that link. I think I can solve my problem.
    > Ideally would be make index.html as a startup page for portable Firefox.
    >
    > And autorun Firefox.

    How?

    > When autorun is disabled, I think double klick on CD icon will still
    > open Firefox.

    I disagree. You don't seem to understand that what happens when I click on an icon on my
    computer is totally under *my* control, not yours. Suppose I have the .html extension associated with
    Notepad+ or some other text editor, instead of with Firefox -- do you think that my computer will
    somehow launch Firefox anyway?

    > And that solves my problems.

    No, it doesn't.

    > I have my web page available for d/load as zip file

    Why?

    Doug Miller, Jan 24, 2012

  3. idle

    idle Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 07:03:46 +0800, Mr Bean wrote in alt.html:

    > On 24/01/2012 1:09 AM, idle wrote:
    >> On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 18:15:13 +0800, Mr Bean wrote in alt.html:
    >>
    >>> What I want to do - make the web page available for d/load as .iso
    >>> file, burn CD and that CD would start autmatically if inserted into
    >>> CD/DVD drive.
    >>>
    >>> If Autostart is not selected, how index.html can be executed to start
    >>> the web page from CD.
    >>>
    >>> Link to any tutorial would be great. For some reason I can't formulated
    >>> the right question and I'm getting all sorts of stuff except what I
    >>> really want.
    >>>
    >>> :-(

    >> http://www.wizbit.net/business_card_cd_creating_autorun_file.htm

    > I think, that Dennis misunderstood my intentions totally.
    >
    > Idle... many thanks for that link. I think I can solve my problem.
    > Ideally would be make index.html as a startup page for portable Firefox.
    >
    > And autorun Firefox.
    >
    > When autorun is disabled, I think double klick on CD icon will still
    > open Firefox.
    >
    > And that solves my problems.
    >
    > I have my web page available for d/load as zip file and people have
    > problems with unzipping and running index.html.
    >
    > If I will make iso file and make is available for d/l plus link to let's
    > say ImageBurn, that would be much easier.
    >
    > D/load both files, run ImageBurn.exe, open it and drop iso file on it,
    > insert CD and burn it.
    >
    > If that will not work, I'll write:
    >
    > Go to your neighbor son, give him a couple of beers and he will do it
    > for you. Or... give him couple lollies!
    >
    > ;)
    >
    > Many thanks idle....

    Np. Keep in mind a couple things. If your users have an issue unzipping
    a file, they're sure to have more extracting an ISO ;)
    Then they've got to burn it to a cd also? Get my point.
    Also, there's the default issues.
    If you supply a portable Firefox, there's no guarantee what type of
    system they're running. 32bit, 64bit, MAC, Linux, etc.

    You may be overthinking the solution.
    Your best bet may be to supply all files for download and the autorun
    file and let the users default system take over. 99.999999% have a
    browser already installed, and usually set to open the html files by
    default.

    My 2pence.

    idle, Jan 24, 2012
  4. idle

    Ray_Net Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > On 24/01/2012 10:01 AM, idle wrote:
    >
    > > Np. Keep in mind a couple things. If your users have an issue unzipping
    > > a file, they're sure to have more extracting an ISO ;)
    > > Then they've got to burn it to a cd also? Get my point.
    > > Also, there's the default issues.
    > > If you supply a portable Firefox, there's no guarantee what type of
    > > system they're running. 32bit, 64bit, MAC, Linux, etc.
    > >
    > > You may be overthinking the solution.
    > > Your best bet may be to supply all files for download and the autorun
    > > file and let the users default system take over. 99.999999% have a
    > > browser already installed, and usually set to open the html files by
    > > default.
    > >
    > > My 2pence.

    > Worth more than that. ;)
    >
    > I think you are absolutely right. index.html should be open by default
    > browser on user side.

    NO NO .... index.html when opened COULD use the default browser ...

    Ray_Net, Jan 24, 2012
  5. idle

    Hot-Text Guest

    "Mr Bean" <> wrote in message news:...
    > On 24/01/2012 1:09 AM, idle wrote:
    >> On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 18:15:13 +0800, Mr Bean wrote in alt.html:
    >>
    >>> What I want to do - make the web page available for d/load as .iso
    >>> file, burn CD and that CD would start autmatically if inserted into
    >>> CD/DVD drive.
    >>>
    >>> If Autostart is not selected, how index.html can be executed to start
    >>> the web page from CD.
    >>>
    >>> Link to any tutorial would be great. For some reason I can't formulated
    >>> the right question and I'm getting all sorts of stuff except what I
    >>> really want.
    >>>
    >>> :-(

    >> http://www.wizbit.net/business_card_cd_creating_autorun_file.htm

    > I think, that Dennis misunderstood my intentions totally.
    >
    > Idle... many thanks for that link. I think I can solve my problem.
    > Ideally would be make index.html as a startup page for portable Firefox.
    >
    > And autorun Firefox.
    >
    > When autorun is disabled, I think double klick on CD icon will still
    > open Firefox.
    >
    > And that solves my problems.
    >
    > I have my web page available for d/load as zip file and people have
    > problems with unzipping and running index.html.
    >
    > If I will make iso file and make is available for d/l plus link to let's
    > say ImageBurn, that would be much easier.
    >
    > D/load both files, run ImageBurn.exe, open it and drop iso file on it,
    > insert CD and burn it.
    >
    > If that will not work, I'll write:
    >
    > Go to your neighbor son, give him a couple of beers and he will do it
    > for you. Or... give him couple lollies!
    >
    > ;)
    >
    > Many thanks idle....

    It will not autorun Firefox,