    here for weeks, urgently need it by this week.

    Thanks.

    Jeremy

    jeremy Lee, Nov 13, 2006

  2. jeremy Lee

    newbee Guest

    Hi Paul,

    I am new to ASP.NET and ZPL stuff... Could you be kind enough to show me
    some sample codes on how to communicate between ASP.NET with the Zebra
    Printer? I am communicating to a 140Xilll printer.

    Thank you. I greatly appreciate your help.

    Newbie

    newbee, Jan 26, 2007

  3. Fairly easy.
    First you need to add Zebra printer under account ASP.NET is using to be
    able to print.

    check out this article
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/184291/en-us
    And this
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324565/en-us

    then in case of Zebra Printer you have 2 choices. You can print label as an
    image (which is pretty slow) Or you can print label using ZPL II language
    ( this is the preferred method).

    To print a label with ZPL II language you need to send RAW data to printer.

    check out this article
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322091

    I recently had to do same thing (not from ASP.NET though).

    PS: If you are printing labels for FedEx look out for ^MD30 command in their
    ZPL II string for label. For whatever reason they put that in and that
    command bumps up the darkness to the top what in case burns out the head on
    thermal printer like yours. And those heads are expensive - about $300

    I end up with the code like this

    int iIndex = _sLabel.IndexOf("^MD");

    if (iIndex != -1)

    _sLabel = _sLabel.Substring(0, iIndex) + "^MD00" + _sLabel.Substring(iIndex
    + 5);

    RawPrinterHelper.SendStringToPrinter("ZebISQ", _sLabel);

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Jan 26, 2007