Re: how to recreate the default ASPNET account ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Carl Prothman [MVP], Aug 9, 2003.

  1. "kelvin" <> wrote
    > I have accidentally deleted the ASPNET default account in my machine. Now
    > my asp.net application does not work any more. Anyone know how to recreate
    > the ASPNET account? Do I need to reinstall the dot net program?

    Reinstall the .NET Framework.

    Note if you reinstall re-install the .NET Framework.after you explicitly delete
    the ASPNET account, a new ASPNET account is created that has a new
    security identifier (SID). As a result, any ACLs that referred to the previous
    ASPNET account no longer apply to the new ASPNET account.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317012

    --

    Thanks,
    Carl Prothman