Re: How to redirect a webpage with 0 delay?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by dp, Apr 10, 2004.

  1. dp

    dp Guest

    www.mysite.com/index.html.
    > > It means that I need to have a command there to redirect to
    > > www.mysite.com/index.php. How can I redirect it with 0 time delay?

    > Redirecting after 0 seconds is a Bad Thing. It breaks the back button.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Richard.

    I recall reading somewhere that meta tag redirection in under some number of
    seconds would sometimes work and sometime not. Old wives tale? Old browser
    tale? Server specific?
    dp

    dp, Apr 10, 2004

  2. dp

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:gRZdc.52777$>
    "dp" <> said:

    > I recall reading somewhere that meta tag redirection in under some number of
    > seconds would sometimes work and sometime not.

    most browsers support it these days but it can be disabled. it can break
    the back button in some browsers.

    --
    b r u c i e

    brucie, Apr 10, 2004