Re: How to run a python script twice randomly in a day?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Cameron Simpson, May 20, 2013.

  1. On 20May2013 09:47, Avnesh Shakya <> wrote:
    | On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Cameron Simpson <> wrote:
    | > On 19May2013 20:54, Avnesh Shakya <> wrote:
    | > | How to run a python script twice randomly in a day? Actually
    | > | I want to run my script randomly in a day and twice only. Please
    | > | help me.. how is it possible.
    | >
    | > Do you mean "run twice a day, each at random times"?
    | >
    | > If so, do the obvious: at midnight, pick two random times. Sleep
    | > until the first time, run the script, sleep until the second time,
    | > run the script.
    | >
    | > There are various ways to do the sleeping and midnight bits; they're
    | > up to you.
    |
    | Thanks, Can you mail documentation or link for it? I am totally new for it.

    1: Please reply on-list; you asked the list, the discussion should
    remain there. I have added the list to the CC line.

    2: Please don't top-post. Quote only the relevant bits of the
    that in pieces.
    Cameron Simpson, May 20, 2013