Re: How to save web pages for offline reading?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Paul Rudin, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. Paul Rudin

    Paul Rudin Guest

    > There is no "man wget" on Windows :) And unfortunately the GNU
    > Windows port of wget I have (version 1-5-3-1) does not have that
    > --page-requisites parameter.

    You need cygwin <http://www.cygwin.com>. That way you get "man wget"
    and a wget that has a --page-requisites option on your windows box.

    Paul Rudin, Jul 22, 2003

  2. In article <>, Paul Rudin wrote:

    > > There is no "man wget" on Windows :) And unfortunately the GNU
    > > Windows port of wget I have (version 1-5-3-1) does not have that
    > > --page-requisites parameter.

    > You need cygwin <http://www.cygwin.com>. That way you get "man wget"
    > and a wget that has a --page-requisites option on your windows box.

    There is a windows port of GNU wget 1.8.1 available. You don't need
    cygwin just to get a decent/recent version of wget. You can get one
    here..

    http://www.weihenstephan.de/~syring/win32/UnxUtils.html

    Sean

    Sean Richards, Jul 23, 2003