Re: How to send an email with an attached file ?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Bernard Delmée, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. > I then tried the example using MIMEMultipart given at
    > http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel//lib/email-mime.txt
    > but this example does not run on my system (Python 2.2.1 on Linux)

    The email module should be included in 2.2
    The CookBook has an example of encoding and bundling attachments:
    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/86674
    and decoding is also explained:
    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/86676

    For older python versions, the following snippet might get you going:
    http://sourceforge.net/snippet/detail.php?type=snippet&id=100444

    Bernard Delmée, Jun 25, 2003