Re: How to set my gui?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gene Heskett, Apr 20, 2013.

  1. Gene Heskett

    Gene Heskett Guest

    On Friday 19 April 2013 22:16:18 Chris Angelico did opine:

    <> wrote:

    > >> :
    > >> :) Born in 1984, so that'll give you some idea where I was in the
    > >> :1990s.
    > >> :

    > > A puppy to be taught by greymuzzles (unfortunately, /this/
    > >
    > > greymuzzle [1958] has reached the point of being an old dog that only
    > > learns new tricks with extreme difficulty <G>)

    > Yep, taught by my Dad, who has often told the story of how he once
    > held a whole kilobyte of memory in his hands (something like a cubic
    > meter in size). He introduced me to programming, to fiddling with the
    > system configs (actually he forbade that, for ages - because he had to
    > clean up the mess if the system wouldn't boot), and to the joys of
    > networking. So in a large way he's why I'm a geek... and actually he
    > started that even earlier, when I was given the name Chris at birth.
    > That on its own probably is the biggest cause of my geekery, I think!
    >
    > ChrisA

    Buncha spring chickens, the whole lot of you. Born in '34, I was a geek
    before the word was invented. But like some of you claim, I am now that
    old dog that doesn't learn new tricks easily.

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
    My views
    Mandrell: "You know what I think?"
    Doctor: "Ah, ah that's a catch question. With a brain your size you
    don't think, right?"
    -- Dr. Who
    dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million
    law-abiding citizens.

    Gene Heskett, Apr 20, 2013