Re: How to store a checksum value at end of file?

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Morris Dovey, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. Morris Dovey

    Morris Dovey Guest

    Kavitha Rao wrote:

    <snip>

    > and what does "do not topost mean"??

    Top posting means placing your response ahead of the text to
    which you're responding. In int comp.lang.c forum, the practice
    is to place your response following the text to which you're
    responding - as I have here.

    It's also considerate to trim (snip) as much as seems reasonable
    from the post to which you're responding.

    --
    Morris Dovey
    West Des Moines, Iowa USA
    Morris Dovey, Jun 24, 2003

  2. "Morris Dovey" <> wrote in message
    > Kavitha Rao wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > > and what does "do not topost mean"??

    > Top posting means placing your response ahead of the text to
    > which you're responding. In int comp.lang.c forum, the practice
    > is to place your response following the text to which you're
    > responding - as I have here.

    I agree, but....

    > It's also considerate to trim (snip) as much as seems reasonable
    > from the post to which you're responding.

    I would rather have a top post than have to scroll down 20 or 30 pages
    before I find the one line new comment. I usually won't go more than 3 or 4
    pages down. Yes, I don't like top posting, but if I never see the new
    text, what is the point of posting at all?

    -- glen
    Glen Herrmannsfeldt, Jun 24, 2003

  3. On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 07:19:26 GMT, in comp.lang.c , "Glen
    Herrmannsfeldt" <> wrote:

    >I would rather have a top post than have to scroll down 20 or 30 pages
    >before I find the one line new comment.

    If I find someone consistently posting one line at the end of 20-30
    pages, then I killfile them as persistently brainless fools.

    >I usually won't go more than 3 or 4
    >pages down.

    agreed., thats what snipping is for

    >Yes, I don't like top posting, but if I never see the new
    >text, what is the point of posting at all?

    none at all, for people who post "mee tooo" posts after 20 odd pages
    of text.

    For people who sensibly snip, plenty.
    --
    Mark McIntyre