Re: How to unlock a locked file under Windows?

Discussion in 'C++' started by Victor Bazarov, Aug 25, 2009.

  1. Water Lin wrote:
    > I try to ask this question in Windows group, but no response yet. I post
    > it here and hope someone can help me.

    If your question about some car trouble in a car newsgroup hasn't been
    answered yet, it is not a good reason to ask about it in a cooking forum
    only because you think that some chefs also drive or might even know how
    to fix cars.

    C++ *language* has no means to lock or unlock files, that functionality
    belongs to the OS you're running on. And there are so many places you
    can ask questions on Windows that there is no excuse to ask about this
    in a language forum. Please consider that.

    Victor Bazarov, Aug 25, 2009

  2. Victor Bazarov wrote:
    > Water Lin wrote:
    >> I try to ask this question in Windows group, but no response yet. I post
    >> it here and hope someone can help me.

    > If your question about some car trouble in a car newsgroup hasn't been
    > answered yet, it is not a good reason to ask about it in a cooking forum
    > only because you think that some chefs also drive or might even know how
    > to fix cars.
    >
    > C++ *language* has no means to lock or unlock files, that functionality
    > belongs to the OS you're running on. And there are so many places you
    > can ask questions on Windows that there is no excuse to ask about this
    > in a language forum. Please consider that.

    Another possible answer : STFG

    I got so many hits when I tried "file locking"
    Vladimir Jovic, Aug 25, 2009