Re: HOW TO UPDATE NEWS ARTICLES ON WEBSITE?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by barb28, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. barb28

    barb28 Guest

    > Learning to use a preprocessor is no more demanding than learning to use
    > frames, so you might as well learn to use the technology that will give
    > superior results.

    Hello again, would you mind explaining what exactly
    a preprocessor does? I think I understand the concept
    of SSI (i.e. the program on the server does the
    'bookeeping'), but I don't understand the concept
    of preprocessor. Thanks.
    barb28, Apr 1, 2004

  2. barb28

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Apr 1, 2004

  3. barb28

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:>
    (barb28) said:

    > Hello again, would you mind explaining what exactly
    > a preprocessor does?

    What is an HTML preprocessor?
    http://html-faq.com/utilities/?htmlpreprocessor

    > I think I understand the concept of SSI (i.e. the program on the
    > server does the 'bookeeping'),

    no, their main use is to include one file in another before its sent to
    the visitors browser but they do all sorts of fun and giggly things.

    What use is SSI?
    http://www.html-faq.com/ssi/?ssiuse

    What useful stuff can I do with SSI?
    http://www.html-faq.com/ssi/?ssitricks