Re: HOW TO UPDATE NEWS ARTICLES ON WEBSITE?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Keeper, Apr 27, 2004.

  1. Keeper

    Keeper Guest

    Simply put... for a news letter stye website.. frames suck

    I have no idea what SSI is except fo Social security Income.

    Reinterate... Frames suck

    In Basic HTML... a newletter done easily is impossable. the only fast way to
    do it is to find a way to dynamicly produce the pages. CGI, PSP, ASP, JSP,
    pick your pioson.

    BTW tripod offers a free webhosinf (with ads) that suports all perl moduals.
    Just for that tight arsed god

    Later,
    Keeper

    "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > in post: <news:gsAac.77$CX4.49@newsfe1-win>
    > Weyoun the gowd damn Dominion Vorta who certainly didn't dance
    > <> said:
    >
    > > Me? I'm not the OP. I wouldn't use frames. I'd use SSI.

    > SSIs aren't really a solution for the OP. much better would be a bit of
    > fun giggly scripting so the OP just has to fill out a textarea or send
    > an email to do the updates. everything is nice and automated. no
    > stuffing around trying to keep track of everything.
    >
    > > local curch parish council website. 20-30 pages, they need a place to
    > > index the minutes of the last meetings.

    > copy/paste into a textarea or email them. how hard is that?
    >
    > > You can do it with SSI (which would be my method)

    > you could but you're giving yourself an unnecessary workload thats just
    > going to keep increasing and become more complex as time goes on when
    > you don't need to.
    >
    > > but the server may not have SSI caperbilities.

    > move
    >
    > > A small parish council might not have the funds to pay for a better
    > > web hoster

    > i'm sure god can afford $5/month and if not they should seriously think
    > about getting a better god who isn't such a tight arse.
    >
    > --
    > brucie

    ---

    Keeper, Apr 27, 2004

  2. Keeper

    Karl Groves Guest

    "Keeper" <> wrote in message

    > Simply put... for a news letter stye website.. frames suck
    >
    > I have no idea what SSI is except fo Social security Income.
    >
    > Reinterate... Frames suck
    >
    > In Basic HTML... a newletter done easily is impossable. the only fast way

    > do it is to find a way to dynamicly produce the pages. CGI, PSP, ASP, JSP,
    > pick your pioson.
    >
    > BTW tripod offers a free webhosinf (with ads) that suports all perl

    moduals.
    > Just for that tight arsed god
    >
    > Later,
    > Keeper

    1) Please stop top-posting
    2) Please become friends with your spellchecker

    -Karl

    Karl Groves, Apr 27, 2004

  3. Keeper wrote:

    > BTW tripod offers a free webhosinf (with ads) that suports all perl moduals.

    Doubt it. Does it have all these? One script I have written uses them all...

    # threading
    use threads;
    use threads::shared;
    use Thread::Queue;

    # gui
    use Glib;
    use Gtk2 '-init';
    use Gtk2::SimpleList;
    use constant TRUE => 1;
    use constant FALSE => 0;

    # audio
    use Ogg::Vorbis::Header;
    use Ogg::Vorbis::Decoder;
    use Audio::Ao qw:)all);

    # files
    use File::Find;

    # POSIX
    use POSIX;

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Apr 27, 2004
  4. Keeper

    Keeper Guest

    eat it man

    it was late at night and i was tired..

    wtf is top posting?
    Does Outlook express have a spell checker?
    If so I would be inclined to use it.

    again... Frames suck for this application

    Later,
    Keeper

    "Karl Groves" <> wrote in message

    > "Keeper" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Simply put... for a news letter stye website.. frames suck
    > >
    > > I have no idea what SSI is except fo Social security Income.
    > >
    > > Reinterate... Frames suck
    > >
    > > In Basic HTML... a newletter done easily is impossable. the only fast

    way
    > > do it is to find a way to dynamicly produce the pages. CGI, PSP, ASP,

    JSP,
    > > pick your pioson.
    > >
    > > BTW tripod offers a free webhosinf (with ads) that suports all perl

    > moduals.
    > > Just for that tight arsed god
    > >
    > > Later,
    > > Keeper
    > >

    > 1) Please stop top-posting
    > 2) Please become friends with your spellchecker
    >
    > -Karl

    ---

    Keeper, Apr 29, 2004
  5. Keeper

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Apr 29, 2004
  6. Keeper

    Karl Groves Guest

    "Keeper" <> wrote in message
    > eat it man
    >
    > it was late at night and i was tired..

    and... you're an idiot.
    You went post crazy and replied to every post you could and your advice was
    shit.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=top posting

    > Does Outlook express have a spell checker?
    > If so I would be inclined to use it.

    Yes, it does.

    -Karl

    Karl Groves, Apr 29, 2004