Re: How to use easics crc generator?

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by John Moore, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. John Moore

    John Moore Guest

    > > 1. What do I initilaise the crc to?
    >
    > It depends what you're doing, but normally all '1's.

    Thank you.

    > > 2. I'm assembling the received ethernet bit stream into bytes, so that

    the
    > > first bit received becomes the LS Bit of a byte.

    > That's how it works.
    >
    > > Is the input to
    > > nextCRC32_D8 this byte or its bit reversal?

    > You shift 'em as like they come off the line.

    That doesn't answer the question. There is no shifting, as the input is byte
    wide. I've now found that the correct answer is to reverse the byte as
    defined above.

    Thank you for the help Mike. I've now got it working!

    John Moore

    John Moore, Jun 24, 2003

  2. John Moore

    Alan Coppola Guest

    John,
    A little late to this discussion, but if you ever have to respin
    or handle more complicated conditions, and want a three-prong verification
    scheme, check out:

    http://www.nwlink.com/~ajjc

    alan

    Alan Coppola, Jun 26, 2003