Re: How to validate with W3C validation for intrAnet apps. (behind a firewall+proxy)

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Adrienne Boswell, Jan 25, 2008.

  1. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed zaku <>
    writing in news:bc585d83-c7b4-47d7-93d2-
    :

    > Hi everybody,
    > I'm quite a newbie regarding web-designer; I have to develop a front-
    > end using Struts for an intrAnet application.
    >
    > I use:
    > Macromedia Dreamweaver 8
    > RAD 7 (IBM)
    >
    > The clue on that story is that I cannot validate CSS and XHTML (strict
    > variant) with the W3C URL validator, because of some proxy or firewall
    > in our bank.
    >
    > How can I validate my JSPs on my local machine and be sure that
    > everything is W3C conform. Any suggestion?
    >
    > Thank you very much for your answerz,
    > John

    Download Opera, open your page from there, right click and choose
    Validate. The local copy will be uploaded to the validator, and viola!
    or maybe uh oh, depending on what Dreamweaver did.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Jan 25, 2008