Re: How to validate with W3C validation for intrAnet apps. (behinda firewall+proxy)

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Harlan Messinger, Jan 24, 2008.

  1. zaku wrote:
    > Hi everybody,
    > I'm quite a newbie regarding web-designer; I have to develop a front-
    > end using Struts for an intrAnet application.
    >
    > I use:
    > Macromedia Dreamweaver 8
    > RAD 7 (IBM)
    >
    > The clue on that story is that I cannot validate CSS and XHTML (strict
    > variant) with the W3C URL validator, because of some proxy or firewall
    > in our bank.
    >
    > How can I validate my JSPs on my local machine and be sure that
    > everything is W3C conform. Any suggestion?

    Take the source from the browser and (a) save it to a file and upload it
    using the W3 validator's option to upload files for validation or (b)
    paste the source code into the the W3 validator's option to validate
    pasted-in text.

    For future reference--you don't need to ask a question like this in four
    newsgroups! This is an HTML question--either c.i.w.a.h or alt.html would
    certainly have sufficed.
    Harlan Messinger, Jan 24, 2008