Re: how to write a unicode string to a file ?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Donn, Oct 16, 2009.

  1. Donn

    Donn Guest

    On Friday 16 October 2009 01:59:43 Stephen Hansen wrote:

    Just to say, thanks for that post. I am an old ascii dog and this notion of
    encoding and decoding is taking such a loooong time to penetrate my thick
    skull. Little snippets like your post are valuable insights. I have made a
    gnote of it!

    \d

    Donn, Oct 16, 2009

  2. On 16 Okt, 06:10, Donn <> wrote:
    > On Friday 16 October 2009 01:59:43 Stephen Hansen wrote:
    >
    > Just to say, thanks for that post. I am an old ascii dog and this notion of
    > encoding and decoding is taking such a loooong time to penetrate my thick
    > skull. Little snippets like your post are valuable insights. I have made a
    > gnote of it!
    >
    > \d

    Here is a link to a page that explains unicode and encodings in a way
    that made me think I understand some of it: http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/Unicode.html

    /Niklas Norrthon

    Niklas Norrthon, Oct 16, 2009

  3. Donn

    Donn Guest

    On Friday 16 October 2009 13:08:38 Niklas Norrthon wrote:
    > that made me think I understand

    Lol, I know the feeling! :D I have read that page a few times, and I always
    emerge thinking 'now I've got it'. Then a week passes...

    \d

    Donn, Oct 16, 2009