Re: How to write DHTML

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Whitecrest, Jul 31, 2003.

  1. Whitecrest

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <pYlVa.21041$>,
    says...
    > Once you clear up your terminology, explain to your reader why all of the
    > above does not work when the viewer has javascript disabled/unavailable.

    If they want your content they will turn it on.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Jul 31, 2003

  2. Whitecrest

    brucie Guest

    In post <>
    Whitecrest said...

    >> Once you clear up your terminology, explain to your reader why all of the
    >> above does not work when the viewer has javascript disabled/unavailable.

    > If they want your content they will turn it on.

    or go do a different site. its faster to hit the back button than turn
    browser options (that you have off for a reason) back on again.

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 01/August/2003 08:01:55 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/

    brucie, Jul 31, 2003

  3. Whitecrest

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <ldd4rbixptn5$>,
    says...
    > > If they want your content they will turn it on.

    > or go do a different site. its faster to hit the back button than turn
    > browser options (that you have off for a reason) back on again.

    Someone needs to tell Disney, MGM, ABC, NBC, FOX, Turner, Pepsi, Coke,
    IBM, MTV, Nick, Cartoon Network, Microsoft, Sun, Yahoo, (man, this is
    tiring listing all the companies that use this stuff.) Basically you
    need to get the message across to Corporate America because they all use
    it (bla bla bla evil corporate America whine whine whine). But until
    that time, I will continue to promote client scripting, flash,
    multimedia, etc... because it is completely correct to do so. (And using
    it correctly does not violate 508 and accessibility)

    If a user doesn't want to use it, fine, they can go to another site that
    offers the same content (assuming you can find one).

    If you (generic you, not you personally) want to promote what I and
    millions of others consider bland boring sites, then please do. You
    can have the people that don't use Javascript, I will have the people
    that do. Of course, I will come out ahead, at lease in the US (bla bla
    bla.. evil US whine whine whine...) But those are the sites I work on,
    so I am only concerned about what THEY want.

    But then, any followers of this forum will not be surprised by my stand
    on this anyway. I just have a different, equally correct point of view
    about what the web can be.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Aug 1, 2003
  4. Whitecrest

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Whitecrest <> writes:
    > > it (bla bla bla evil corporate America whine whine whine). But until
    > > that time, I will continue to promote client scripting, flash,
    > > multimedia, etc... because it is completely correct to do so. (And using
    > > it correctly does not violate 508 and accessibility)

    > Using it correctly is the key point. Most people (and search engines)
    > will probably not object to use of script/flash *provided* that there
    > is an accessible alternative. The problem is that most of the time
    > there isn't - if you write so that there is then there's no problem.

    It is completely correct to have Javascript driven menu's or flash
    menu's or anything else you want. Then tell the visitors that unless
    they use Javascript and Flash they can not use your site. I do not need
    to provide you with an alternate method of navigation. Use the one I
    provide or leave.

    Now if you have a site that gets 5000 hits a month, then you might want
    to consider an alternate method of navigation because you NEED every hit
    you can get. But if you are receiving millions or 10's of millions of
    hits a month, then I (and corporate America) really don't think you have
    a lot to worry about. People will turn it on if they want to see the
    site.

    The visitor then has to make a choice. Turn it on, or go somewhere
    else. I made a choice, they made a choice.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Aug 1, 2003