Re: Howto MACRO in python ?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Bob Gailer, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. Bob Gailer

    Bob Gailer Guest

    At 10:42 AM 8/12/2003 +0200, Bill Loren wrote:
    >I was looking for a guidance about how to code MACROs in python.

    We do need to know what you mean by MACRO and what you want to accomplish:

    Macro has MANY meanings:
    http://frontier.userland.com/stories/storyReader$3281
    http://www.macros.com/
    http://www.bradchoate.com/past/mtmacros.php
    In Visual FoxPro there is macro substitution: you assign a character string
    to a variable (e.g. asdf = 'Joe') the reference it &asdf which substitutes
    'Joe". Neat in that it can be used for commands, command parameters, within
    literal strings, ...
    Then there are macro assemblers, macro biotics, macro lenses
    In MS Office macros were the predecessor of VBA
    There are tools for recording macros (recording user interaction via
    keyboard and mouse).

    Bob Gailer

    303 442 2625

    ---