Re: .htaccess - batch rewrite/ redirect?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Craig Bennett, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. On 29 Jun 2003 02:29:58 GMT, Sam Hughes <> wrote:

    >"EightNineThree" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I've just taken over a nightmare of a site for an animal rescue
    >> organization that has *over* 1500 pages, many of them in a static
    >> "yellow pages" directory.
    >>
    >> I'm really new to manipulating .htaccess files, and I was wondering if
    >> there's a way to redirect every file from what was a .html file to
    >> what will become a .php version
    >>
    >> I hope to convert everything to use includes and also convert things
    >> like that yellowpages to db-driven content, but I really want to avoid
    >> what is sure to become a major search engine nightmare if I rename
    >> these files.

    >Why don't you instead have the HTML files processed as if they were PHP
    >files? I'm sure that could be done and would be a better solution.

    To have .html files parsed the same as .php
    In your .htaccess
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .html
    Craig Bennett, Jun 29, 2003

  2. Craig Bennett

    McWebber Guest

    "Craig Bennett" <> wrote in message

    > >Why don't you instead have the HTML files processed as if they were PHP
    > >files? I'm sure that could be done and would be a better solution.

    > To have .html files parsed the same as .php
    > In your .htaccess
    > AddType application/x-httpd-php .html

    Or, as I think someone suggested previously, just add .html to the list in
    httpd.conf for PHP.

    --
    McWebber
    No email replies read
    McWebber, Jun 29, 2003

  3. >> To have .html files parsed the same as .php
    >> In your .htaccess
    >> AddType application/x-httpd-php .html

    >Or, as I think someone suggested previously, just add .html to the list in
    >httpd.conf for PHP.

    If you have access to that file
    Craig Bennett, Jun 29, 2003