Re: HtmlInputFile losing value after postback

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by bruce barker, Aug 4, 2004.

  1. bruce barker

    bruce barker Guest

    a postback will always clear a HtmlInputFile. there is no way around this,
    as the browser will not allow a <input type=file> to be prefilled. but why
    would you upload the file twice anyway, as the calendar postback also
    uploads the file.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    "John Meredith via .NET 247" <> wrote in message
    I have a web server Calendar control and a HtmlInputFile html control. My
    problem is that when somebody selects a date on the Calendar the file
    selected with HtmlInputFile control disappears. I know this is because the
    Calendar has to postback to the server but whats the solution? I have set
    runat=server and EnableViewState=true for the HtmlInputFile control but its
    still empty when it comes back from the server. Can anybody help please?

    Thanks,
    John

    From: John Meredith

    <Id>pi/9d86yJkOis2bFY+t4ng==</Id>