Re: Http in C?

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Keith Thompson, Jun 27, 2013.

  1. "Bertram" <> writes:
    > Do you know if is possible in C, open HTTP connection through a URL,
    > download a page in ASCII text or a foto.jpeg
    >
    > This OT:
    >
    > I'm trying to use the DLL and Lib Windows.
    > I tried to import it using MinGW, but it does not work.
    > Someone using MinGW, and knows how to import DLL
    > and LibWindows?

    In C? Certainly.

    In purely standard C? Not so much.

    Your best bet is to use an existing library that does this kind of thing
    already. libcurl might be a good choice, but you'll get better advice
    in a forum that deals with your platform.

    Keith Thompson, Jun 27, 2013