Re: Hyperlink not working in IE6

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Bergamot, Apr 17, 2008.

  1. Bergamot

    Bergamot Guest

    sheldonlg wrote:

    > http://www.camppennbrook.com/new/
    >
    > I have the thing working in Firefox and in IE7,

    Not quite, though the issue is not related to any one browser.
    http://www.bergamotus.ws/screenshots/camppennbrook.png

    Trying to force text to stay within the confines of a background image
    is doomed to fail. Give it up now, and save yourself some frustration.

    > Problem is, the <a href of the Latest News, MTV, and Brochure sections
    > have ceased to function in IE6.

    You mean like this bit of code?

    Not sure what you expect to happen, or if that's even one of the links
    you're referring to.

    > Yes. I know there's four pieces of flash on this site. This is
    > necessary...since the "Latest News" content and links have to be pulled
    > from an OPEN CMS program that the client has access to, then pulled down
    > into the flash. If I do it otherwise, and after many questions, we found
    > it can't be done (because if it turns it to txt first, then the
    > hyperlinks are lost...and I can't even get it from the CMS to txt.)

    Sorry, I can't parse this. Can you restate the problem? BTW, if your
    problem is related to getting content from the CMS into Flash, then you
    would probably be better off asking in the Adobe/Flash forum than here.

    > The CSS code samples

    500 lines is a bit more than a "sample" to me. ;)

    Don't waste the bandwidth posting full CSS files. I sure don't want to
    read all that in my newsreader, and I'd bet most other people don't
    either. If we have the URL to your page, we can get the CSS from there
    and load it into our own editor(s) of choice, if need be.

    I didn't bother weeding through all that code looking for your comments.
    What's the perceived CSS problem, in a nutshell?

    --
    Berg
    Bergamot, Apr 17, 2008

  2. Bergamot

    Bergamot Guest

    sheldonlg wrote:
    >>> http://www.camppennbrook.com/new/

    > In a nutshell, why doesn't IE6 recognize <a href="#">View our
    > brochure!</a> as link while IE7 and FF do?

    I agree with rf. Way too much reliance on fixed sizes and absolute
    positioning, which will only give you a broken display in a lot of
    cases. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

    IE6 is not the only browser that has issues with it, nor is the cursor
    failing to change to a hand the only problem.

    It needs to be started over. Sorry.

    --
    Berg
    Bergamot, Apr 18, 2008