Re: I had my site 'professionaly' reviewed.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Marty Fremen, Jun 16, 2008.

  1. Marty Fremen

    Marty Fremen Guest

    Mike Barnard <> wrote:
    > British Telecom have a site that gives a free 15 minute review of your
    > site.

    http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/internetapplications/webconsultbuild/free-
    web-review

    BT's own page is not exactly an examplar for a good website! Contrast ratio
    of text is very poor at 2.33:1 (I have difficulty reading it myself, I hate
    to imagine what it would be like for someone with poor eyesight), it should
    be at least 5:1 and preferably 7:1.

    Also I get sideways scrolling unless I set my window to over 800 pixels
    wide.
    Marty Fremen, Jun 16, 2008

  2. Marty Fremen

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Xns9ABFD57046891C9A6@212.23.3.119>,
    Marty Fremen <> wrote:

    > Mike Barnard <> wrote:
    > > British Telecom have a site that gives a free 15 minute review of your
    > > site.
    > >

    > http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/internetapplications/webconsultbuild/free-
    > web-review
    >
    > BT's own page is not exactly an examplar for a good website! Contrast ratio
    > of text is very poor at 2.33:1 (I have difficulty reading it myself, I hate
    > to imagine what it would be like for someone with poor eyesight), it should
    > be at least 5:1 and preferably 7:1.
    >
    > Also I get sideways scrolling unless I set my window to over 800 pixels
    > wide.

    Plus, it breaks badly even at a text size I use often enough:

    <http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/justPics/professional_fixed_width.png>

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jun 17, 2008

  3. Marty Fremen

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 16 Jun, 20:58, Marty Fremen <> wrote:
    > Mike Barnard <> wrote:
    > > British Telecom have a site that gives a free 15 minute review of your
    > > site.

    > http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/internetapplications/webconsultbuild...
    > web-review
    >
    > BT's own page is not exactly an examplar for a good website!

    How about submitting it to their own review service and seeing what
    they reckon? :cool:
    Andy Dingley, Jun 17, 2008