Re: I have a problem with this:

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Doug Miller, May 13, 2010.

  1. Doug Miller

    Doug Miller Guest

    In article <>, Sherm Pendley <> wrote:
    > (Doug Miller) writes:
    >
    >> In article <>, Sherm Pendley

    > <> wrote:

    >>>No, I'm simply of the opinion that one word isn't enough to warrant a
    >>>full delimited .sig block. It's the people who are barking orders and
    >>>calling me names that are being rude here.

    >> You _already have_ a delimited sig block. The problem is that this text
    >>>sherm--

    >> should be in it, but isn't.

    >No, the problem is that you don't understand the difference between fact
    >and opinion. "Sherm--" should be in my .sig block IN YOUR OPINION. I
    >have my own opinion on that, and I'm just as entitled to it as you are
    >to your own.
    >
    >sherm--

    That's false. It's not just "my opinion". It's the standard; here, learn
    something:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signature_block

    Opinions that contravene established standards are not just as valid as those
    which conform to the same standards.
    Doug Miller, May 13, 2010

  2. Doug Miller

    dorayme Guest

    In article <hsfen6$bt5$-september.org>,
    (Doug Miller) wrote:

    > In article <>, Sherm Pendley

    > >No, the problem is that you don't understand the difference between fact
    > >and opinion. "Sherm--" should be in my .sig block IN YOUR OPINION. I
    > >have my own opinion on that, and I'm just as entitled to it as you are
    > >to your own.
    > >
    > >sherm--
    > >

    > That's false. It's not just "my opinion". It's the standard; here, learn
    > something:
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signature_block

    sherm-- knows this. What is this impulse to make like a battering
    ram? Can he not have his little ways? He has made it pretty plain
    he likes to do this and that should be where it rests, surely?

    > Opinions that contravene established standards are not just as valid as those
    > which conform to the same standards.

    The argument for this as a non-tautolgy being?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, May 13, 2010