Re: I have stuck here...

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Gus Richter, Jan 22, 2011.

  1. Gus Richter

    Gus Richter Guest

    On 1/22/2011 1:50 AM, heretic wrote:
    > http://www.zbawienie.com/front.htm
    >
    > How can I adjust margins on top link www.zbawienie.com, so the pic would
    > not be pushed down!?

    Things I noted, but there may be more.

    The #header rule is repeated in this order:

    #header {
    width:830px;
    margin:0 auto 0;
    margin-bottom:20px;
    }

    #header {
    margin: 0 auto 20px;
    width: 830px;
    }

    The former is superfluous. With the same declarations, any change in the
    former would be overridden by the latter. Action: Remove the first/former.

    The HTML Comments in your Embedded Stylesheet is not required - remove.
    Likewise, in the ww.css Stylesheet, the first thing you have is, I
    believe, a BOM () which I would remove.

    In the markup you have <div id="head"> and it should be <div id="header">
    Likewise in the ww.css Stylesheet You have:

    #head a {font-size:14pt;
    text-decoration: none;
    text-align: center; }

    Which should be:

    #header a {font-size:14pt;
    text-decoration: none;
    }

    And add this rule:

    #header p {text-align: center; }

    Embedded Stylesheet:
    body
    {
    background: #ffffff url('images/backgrounds/genesisheaderside.gif')
    center repeat-x;
    background-position:50% 41px;
    }

    should be:

    body
    {
    background: #ffffff url('images/backgrounds/genesisheaderside.gif') 0
    0 repeat-x;
    }

    #border
    {
    border: 0px ;
    width: 862px;
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    background:url('images/backgrounds/genesisshadow1.gif') no-repeat;
    margin: 0 auto;
    }

    should be:

    #border
    {
    border: 0px ;
    width: 862px;
    background:url('images/backgrounds/genesisshadow1.gif') #ffff no-repeat 0 0;
    margin: 0 auto;
    }

    In the Embedded Stylesheet, add to body: margin:0;

    In the markup, <div id="header"> is repeated - remove the second
    instance of:

    > It's there any way to make centered menu without a table?

    Yes if done with care and understanding to avoid confusion.

    --
    Gus

    Gus Richter, Jan 22, 2011